SERP Features, or Search Engine Results Page Features, are enhanced search results that go beyond the standard organic search listings.
These features are designed to provide users with more relevant, easily accessible information in a visually appealing format.
SERP features can be organic or paid, and they aim to improve user experience and engagement with the search engine results.
Common SERP features
- Featured Snippets: These are selected search results that appear in a special box at the top of the SERP, providing a quick answer to a user’s query.
- Local Packs: These show a map with relevant local businesses that match the user’s query, along with their contact information and reviews.
- Image Packs: A collection of relevant images related to the search query, usually placed near the top of the results page.
- Knowledge Panels: These are information-rich boxes that appear on the right side of the SERP, providing details about entities like businesses, famous people, or events.
- People Also Ask (PAA) Boxes: These show a list of related questions that users might be interested in, along with their answers, which can be expanded or collapsed.
- Video Results: Integrated video content related to the search query, usually with a thumbnail, title, and source.
- Shopping Results: Paid product listings with images, prices, and merchant information, displayed in a carousel or grid format.
- Sitelinks: Additional links that appear below a search result, directing users to specific pages within the listed website.
SERP features can greatly impact SEO strategies, as they can either increase a website’s visibility or make it more challenging to rank higher in the search results.
Optimizing for these features can help improve a website’s online presence and drive more traffic.